6/02/2014

Cafe Vienna in Princeton NJ


I was shopping for a new bike a few weeks ago, and my husband and I spotted this new place on Nassau Street. We hadn't had our coffee yet, and we are always up for discovering new things, so off we went. The literally and stylistically cool decor wasn't inviting, but I chalk this up to the place being so new. There was some jazzy music playing and the food display, while sparse, were nice touches. 

Each cup of coffee is singularly and freshly brewed, which earns this place two thumbs up. My husband's only pet peeve was that his iced coffee was served in a plastic cup. If your order isn't so quick or easy, there will be table service. Everything else-- the food and hot beverages-- is served with real  drink/dinner/silverware. Along with our coffee, we ordered a ham & cheese baguette displayed in a bouquet of sandwiches in a picnic basket and an apple strudel that called me with its siren song.

It might be nicer to return to this place when it's warmer, when we can sit outside and skip the uncomfortable indoor seating. Or maybe we won't return at all. It was nice to try it at least once, but I have to say it was too overpriced for me.

P.S. I recommended this place to Urbanspoon to get active link below!

Cafe Vienna on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment