3/21/2014

Metuchen Inn in Metuchen NJ


The private lunch I attended included four courses, beginning with mushroom ravioli and salad, choice of entree, and a pre-selected dessert. I enjoyed the mushroom ravioli a lot, and would've been happy with it as a main course. I continued with my vegetarian theme and ordered the risotto as my entree, and the grilled asparagus on top was the star of the plate. Other selections, which I got to taste, were a pasta bolognese and salmon over white beans. The pasta was good and hearty, but the salmon left much to be desired, though it was a nice portion.

The dessert was some kind of a lemon sponge cake with mousse, and it wasn't so great either. The red icing on top looked strangely like ketchup!



The interior of Metuchen Inn is bright, clean, and simple. It seems good for families, groups, and even romantic dates. I'd be willing to return to try other dishes, even though it seemed like a hit and miss today.

Metuchen Inn on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment