3/06/2014

Cross Culture in Princeton NJ

Fried pakora

Close-up of Chicken Cashmere

I just returned from lunch with a friend, who I don't see enough of! We met at Cross Culture inside the shopping center on Harrison Street-- a perfect place to sit, talk, and take our time. Servers pretty much knew when to offer replenishments and left us alone to talk for the most part.

Lunch specials were decently priced and included fried pakora, a small bowl of rich lentil soup (daal), a basket of naan bread, and basmati rice. We picked two chicken dishes to share ($10.95 each): chicken tikka masala and chicken cashmere. The sauces of both were excellent. The masala had a nice smoke to it from the meat, and the cashmere had chunks of cashews and raisins in it.

Unfortunately, the actual chicken pieces left much to be desired. My friend said the meat was too dry and I just don't like dark meat.

Ambiance, location, and service, would all be reasons to come back here. It's sad that I can't say I will return for the food. It's hard to find good Indian food in these parts!

Lunch special spread

Cross Culture on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment