2/17/2012

Rego Park Cafe



I lived in Rego Park for almost two decades, but can count the times I've been to this diner on one hand.  I think, between Georgia Diner, and then Pop Diner, there was little reason to go to this particular diner-- a literal hole in the wall that's the size of a boxcar and populated by blue-collar workers and senior locals.

The breakfast specials are typical, varied, and priced just right-- and include everything you need for a "big breakfast" like has browns, heavily buttered toast, coffee, and juice.  I went with my staple corned beef hash and poached eggs-- my favorite oxymoron of greasy and healthy.

Now that I've been away from Queens for five years, I can appreciate Rego Park Cafe's charm for what it is.  From its shiny vinyl booths, its pink walls, and the diners that bring the decor further to life.


Rego Park Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment