10/11/2011

Tre Bar at Tre Piani



This isn't the first time I've been to Tre Bar, part of Tre Piani, but this is the first time I've had food here.  The menu of Tre Piani is interesting and vast, but if there's a more economical option, I'll go for that one.  Enter Tre Bar, which serves part of of Tre Piani's menu in small plate doses or as specials throughout the week.  They have odd hours for their specials, so I'd suggest getting there around 6pm to partake in both rounds-- 4-7pm for happy hour and 7-9pm for bar food specials.

The bartenders were the types you'd like to get to know and invites you to become regulars.  My friend tried the allagash white beer pictured above and I tried the cambria chardonnay.  My friend had the handmade mozzarella while she waited for me, which we said was really a good suggestion by the bartender.  I munched on some fries with aoili mayo while deciding on what to eat.  I ended up just getting the arugula with goat cheese salad, to save some stomach real estate for dinner later with the kids.

Tuesday happened to be burger night, so my friend got a whopping burger with fries for just $5.  We joked that the cheese itself may have cost $5, because it was that good.  Thursday is $5 pasta night, so if I ever go missing on a Thursday, you'll know where to find me.

Tre Bar at Tre Piani
120 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540

No comments:

Post a Comment