8/10/2011

Thai Basil


Yet another surprising treat on Centennial Avenue not far from my new job.  Seriously, there are so many places to eat, I don't know if I'll ever get to all of them.  Now, old readers of mine will know I am not the biggest fan of Thai food, unless there is nice ambiance to carry me over.  Thai Basil surely did the trick for me: charming yet restrained decor, with bamboo mats, and this pretty little statue greeting you at the door.  And as expected, I wasn't wowed by the food, but that's okay.

I shared a regular pad thai and a crispy pad thai with a co-worker, and for old times' sake I also had a Thai iced coffee.  Nothing special about either dish, and I'd have preferred a sweet mee krob if I was going to do a crispy Thai noodle.  I also couldn't figure out what kind of milk they put in the coffee.  I am accustomed to having Thai coffee with condensed milk, or evaporated milk, and I sat there wondering if it was coconut milk or just plain sour milk.

But seriously, if anyone invites me for Thai again, I would go.  Sometimes I am superficial that way.  Just give me some eye candy via the decor, and my belly could care less.


Thai Basil on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

CRS said...

Thanks for the review; I've looked at that place many times, but don't know anything about it.
(Have you tried Orange Smoke? We really liked them)

The Old Blue Eater said...

Thanks for the tip! We did consider Orange Smoke, but I'd been eating a lot of burgers lately. I looked at their menu and it did look yummy, so perhaps that will be next :)

Post a Comment