8/25/2011

Station Bar & Grill


This was my second time at Station Bar & Grill (formerly known as Cranbury Station Restaurant).  The first time I went, my son took part in pasta night, which is not an all-you-can-eat special, but rather you can choose any pasta for a flat price.  Tonight, my son stayed home to host a movie night with his friends, but my husband ordered the exact same thing as my son did because they both love their chicken francaise over pasta.

I went with the balsamic chicken salad as it was a late dinner and I did not want to be weighed down with carbs.  It was surprisingly good-- the chicken was plump with a fun taste combo of balsamic glaze with the char from the grill, contrasted with the cool and dull taste of the fresh mozzarella.  My daughter had her staple of grilled cheese with fries, which came with a small serving of cole slaw and pickles, and we finished off with cheesecake atop a chocolate and strawberry drizzle.

Though my photo shows an empty restaurant, it is actually contrary to the experience.  It happened to be karaoke night at the bar adjacent to the dining area and the noise dominated the entire restaurant.  My daughter didn't appreciate it as much as I did... I myself danced in my seat, thankful that the amateur singing was kind to my ears.


Cranbury Station Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment