6/20/2011

Spice In



I started a new job today and orientation was just a couple of blocks from this place.  I was quite hungry coming out of listening to pension plans, health benefits, and union representation, then getting an ID and a parking tag.  It was like college orientation all over again, except I'm going to get paid.

Anyway, just as I was hoping with the new location of my new job... the selection of eateries is like music to my ears.  My first choice was to go to a Japanese restaurant, but it was open for dinner only.  Next thing that caught my eye was a diner, but I just had a burger the other day, and I don't think a diner burger would compare.  So when I saw the words "Indian" and "buffet"... it was an instant decision.

Spice'In is unassuming on the outside, but really charming and cozy with its small little shadow boxes showcasing Indian figurines and the like.  I was in a time crunch so this place was perfect: I went straight for the buffet and piled on rice, saag, fritters, naan, and chicken two ways-- curry and tandoor.  I wanted a second plate badly, but I didn't want to choke as I ate so fast.  Still, I managed to have a taste of the mango rice pudding (not pictured) which was a great way to end the meal.

I went to the cashier to pay (time crunch, hello) and at first he asked for $10, if I was to pay in cash.  When I gave my credit card, he charged just $9.58.  What's up with the poor math?

Spice'in on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment