3/15/2011

Fuji Hibachi & Sushi in Dayton


Don't let the empty seats fool you.  We were pretty early and fortunate to get good seats, but in less than 10 minutes (closer to 6:30pm) every seat was filled at Fuji.  It seemed we were not the only ones hip to their 50% off sushi & appetizers special, from Sunday-Thursday 4:30-8:30pm.  Actually, it was my first time learning of the deal, but I digress.

We started off with the appetizer special-- 2 choices for $7 or 3 choices for $10-- and we picked harumaki (fried vegetable spring rolls), shumai (soft shrimp dumplings topped with roe), and pork gyoza (pan fried dumplings, not pictured).  We don't eat sushi or sashimi, but the special includes rolls, so my son and I shared 2 eel avocado rolls (we love eel & avocado), a dragon roll (more eel & avocado, but this was an ordering mishap), a shrimp tempura roll, and a good old California roll.  My daughter had her own order of simple crab rolls... 3 orders to be exact!

After our discounted dinner, we headed to a discounted movie date on Route 130.  Only $5.75 on Tuesdays!  We saw Rango.  (On another Tuesday, I have my eye on an all-you-can-eat pasta for $7.95 elsewhere!)


Fuji Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment