2/10/2011

$40 for 4 "Guys" at Five Guys

As the four of us walk out of Five Guys, I say, "Well, at least now we can say: Been There, Done That."  My daughter chimes in, "That was the worst burger place ever!"  My son adds, "Might as well just go to Cheeburger."  And my husband finishes, "I told you guys it was bad."

The burgers needed seasoning, or even just more salt.  The cajun fries tasted dirty.  I liked the toppings I picked (jalapeno peppers and grilled mushrooms) but my husband said, "You don't judge a burger by its toppings."  My son questioned the validity of all the quotes touting Five Guys as the Best of This and Best of That.  With all our complaints about the food, we were stumped.  How could it be the Best of Anything?

At the very least, the red & white tiled atmosphere was cute, the country rock music was fun, and my daughter amused herself by cracking more (free) peanuts than we could eat.  And I'm glad I could even muster this much to say about it because we will not be going back.

*
For your reference: A regular burger has two beef patties, and a little burger has just one.  Each patty weighs approximately 3.3 ounces.  The cheapest burger (Little Hamburger) is about $4 and the most expensive one (Bacon Cheeseburger) is a little over $7.  One large fries was enough for all of us, though we ordered two.  They also had hot dogs & veggie sandwiches on the menu.  And that's all folks...
P.S. I referred this Five Guys location to UrbanSpoon...
Five Guys Burgers & Fries on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

v money said...

the five guys in north brunswick (across rt 1 from the barnes&nobles and panera and all that) is the worst ever.

we went there 3 times, and it's like doing drugs - always chasing the dragon. the first time was magical, delicious, perfectly cooked amazingness... but ever since that one lonely day last spring it has just been dry underseasoned patties with burned fries.

at least you get free peanuts.

and i hear the five guys down in ewing is pretty awesome. maybe the difference in management is the key?

Anonymous said...

My name is Tony and I am the General Manager at Five Guys North Brunswick. On behalf of my team we would like to invite your family back to give us another try to wow you with our food. We take pride in serving great food. Please contact me at nbnj1107@optonline.net....this goes for you too v money!

Post a Comment