12/09/2014

Teddy's Luncheonette in Cranbury NJ

Business lunch combo with coffee and soup
I have revisited Teddy's several more times since my first post. I have to say it has continuously improved over the years. The establishment has been taken over by Teddy's son, but the decor and homage to the NY Yankees still adorn the place. It remains a place "where friends meet" and you are greeted with a friendly welcome every time you walk in the door.

The menu is pretty typical for a diner, and the quality is consistent, so you will get exactly what you order and be happy with it. Today I got the Business Lunch special, which was a guacamole burger with fries, soup, and coffee. The chicken soup with cilantro and rice, was perfect on a cold December day. The burger plate was generous, and the patty was tasty. My friend order pancakes and scrambled eggs, and she said it tasted a lot better than it looked.

Two food establishments on either side of Teddy's has closed. While they offered good competition, they proved not to be as much a mainstay as Teddy's. I surely hope Teddy's will be around for a long time to come!

* Original post from 9/1/10 *


Walking into Teddy's is like walking onto a movie set for a flick set in the late '70s, early '80s, with its wood-paneling and matching tan leather seats.  Even the waitresses look like they are playing a part.  Unfortunately, that's where the fun ends because the food was less than stellar.  It was so bland that I wouldn't go back even if I was feeling nostalgic... and also because my husband told me never to ask him to go there again!


Teddy's Luncheonette on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment