10/19/2010

New Mexico Eats

Top left & right corner:
Wedding food at La Posada, Santa Fe.  The lamb and duck were too undercooked for my taste, so I asked for the vegetarian option... an unfortunate slop of sides drizzled with mystery sauce.  I wish they would've just given me two more helpings of the butternut squash ravioli appetizer as an entree.  Alas, it was an enchanting place and my friend was getting married there, so there was little room for complaint.
Fuego Restaurant at La Posada de Santa Fe on Urbanspoon

Top middle & bottom right corner:
Lunch at Tortilla Flats, Santa Fe, which included the fluffiest sopapillas ever... it was like eating savory, powdery clouds.  I can't even recognize what's buried underneath all that red & green chili (tamales, maybe) but everything, including the posole, was awesome.  I didn't even need the flavored rice I ordered on the side as an assurance that the meal would satisfy.
Tortilla Flats on Urbanspoon

Middle row:
Lunch at Del Charro, Santa Fe.  The epitome of cheap & chic.  The numbers on the menu looked like identifiers, not prices.  I had the Frito pie, which should've been on the appetizer menu as it was not filling enough as an entree, for just $5.  A friend had the salmon wrap, which was excellent according to her.
Del Charro Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Bottom right corner and bottom middle:
The Alley Cantina in Taos.  The hubby and I were looking for live music, beer, and grub, and this place fit the bill.  We had wings and cheese fries, with green chili on the side that had yummy bits of pork swimming in it.  Instead of karaoke, you could make special requests for the singer to belt out.  She was indulging and had a sexy accent.
Alley Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment