2/13/2011

Grand Shanghai

(Snacktime on 2/12/11... older post from 12/25/10 below)
On Christmas Day, there is no point trying to find any other open restaurant than Chinese.  Since I'd been meaning to return here (despite the offensive smell described below) it was the only Chinese place in my area that had a somewhat festive decor that I could think of.  So on our way up to NYC, I lugged my extended family to Grand Shanghai and let our bellies do the ordering.  It was good for me to discover that they offer soup dumplings.

* Original post below from 8/20/10 *
The recession seems not to be on everyone's minds as much as it used to be, but I still appreciate businesses who offer special deals.  One of these places is Grand Shanghai on Route 1, who started out offering 50% off their sushi menu from Monday-Thursday, then expanded their special to all 7 days of the week.  Though there are other places to get your sushi fix for cheap (Fuji Seafood & Sushi Buffet and Sushi Palace, among others), I like that Grand Shanghai offers both Chinese and Japanese selections for those days I just cannot seem to commit.

Pictured above are our roll selections ranging from $2.25 (plain crab roll for my daughter) to $5.75 (dancing eel roll), and a pupu platter (just to show my husband what a pupu platter was!)

P.S.  Try to sit in the area to the left because the dining area to the right always seems to smell like toilet water-- and I can never figure out where it's coming from!

Grand Shanghai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment