11/20/2009

Moshulu


On our way to our hotel for an overnight in Philly, my husband and I drove by Penn's Landing and happened upon Moshulu. I had no idea what it was, but when I found out that it was a restaurant inside a four-masted ship with lots of history behind it-- I had to go see it, and eat in it, of course. On its website, Moshulu boasts the AAA four-diamond award, so it had to be good. And it was.

We had lunch here on our way back to NJ, before my husband went back to work, so lunch had to be unfortunately quick. I didn't have time to admire the whimsically painted decor in hues of blue on the inside (I quickly glanced at it) nor did I have the time to try to recreate the stories being told by the darkness of the rooms, the wood paneling, or the furniture. Still, I gladly took my seat by the window overlooking the water-- making me reminisce about our cruise from just three months ago.

The waitress was nice enough to get a cheese plate ($12) for us from the dinner menu, so we started out with blue cheese, goat cheese, and aged cheddar, paired with apricots, spiced fruit, and honey roasted pecans. My husband and I are so into cheese right now, so it was a must have. My husband played it safe with a turkey sandwich ($13), which was delightfully arranged with guacamole, tomato, and bacon. I was more adventurous with my highly photogenic, pecan-encrusted diver scallops, sitting atop spinach and wild mushroom risotto ($18). And yes, being risky was well worth it... the word "delicious" doesn't do it justice.

Funny enough, my daughter has been asking when we are going on a cruise again. I may just bring her here next time to save us a trip to the port of Miami.

*
401 S Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
(215) 923-2500

Moshulu on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment